We want your stay here to be memorable; therefore we have put together some rules for your safety and our peace of mind! Please… let’s all just get along! FYI, we reserve the right to refuse service, or facilities use, or evict anyone without refund for not abiding by park rules (at the discretion of management). Please be aware that these rules are strictly enforced.
- HAPPY noise during the daytime is part of the joy of camping. THOUGHTLESS noise such as loud music, screaming and shouting, and any noise after 11pm is a breach of camper courtesy and may risk a request to leave the campground. Because of the mountain setting sound carries very easily, so campers should consciously try to be quiet after 11pm. Quiet hours are from 11pm to 7am. Large parties involving alcohol are discouraged. Please be mindful that this park is a family area. Please watch conduct and language and behave accordingly. Our 11pm quiet time must be respected. Any kind of public altercation will warrant a request to leave the premises or authorities will be called.
- No pets please because of the wild game sanctuary on the hill. Registered “Service Pets” are welcome but they must be kept on a leash at all times. You are also required to pick up after your pet please!
- Parents are responsible for the actions and safety of their children at all times. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Alcohol and Drugs
- Alcoholic beverages are permitted at the camp area but can only be consumed by adults of at least 21 years of age. Drunk and disorderly behavior will not be tolerated and will result in park management contacting local authorities and expulsion from the park. Drugs are prohibited. Please be responsible: Do NOT Drink and Drive!
- Speed Limit
- Please drive slowly and carefully on all area roads to and near the campground for the safety of our guests and children in the area. Many people are recreating in the area; please be mindful of dust and other people on the road walking or riding bicycles.
- As a courtesy to your fellow campers, do not take shortcuts through other campers’ sites. No loitering on or near someone else’s campsite and NO SOLICITING!
- Fires must be confined within the campfire circle provided at the campsite and glass must not be put into the circle. Please be aware of fire danger and follow fire restrictions in the area.
- Campsites must be kept clean and free of litter. Please do not throw cigarette butts on the ground! To avoid attracting dangerous wild animals (such as bears) and insects, please dispose of trash in CLOSED plastic bags. All garbage should be removed from your campsite and taken with you or disposed of in the on-site dumpster provided.
- Leave No Trace
- Here at Big Rock Campground “Leave No Trace” ethics are strongly encouraged. Liquid spills, soda/beer/food, will create an insect problem. If you spill something, you should clean it up right away: we have a hose, rake and shovel available for cleanup. We don’t expect to pick up garbage or toilet tissue on the ground. Egregious messes and trash left behind will result in a fine and a request to not return. Please leave your campsite how you found it! Our bottom line is peace, happiness, and quality of life. Everybody’s peace and enjoyment are contingent on your “Leave No Trace” actions and clean up.